Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Rheumy Appointment

Well, I made it to the rheumatologist today in spite of being on Day #4 of Mabel the migraine monster.
I have been sleeping about 15 hours a day and still the fatigue is a huge problem. bleh.
Found out I have an ear infection...surprise, surprise...the eardrum is swollen (or bulging...but I really don't like that word in this context...lol). Also got lupus sores in my ear. Yes, I have to put sunblock on the good old ears or they get the lupus sores.
All the lymph glands are swollen...no surprise there.
I am going to be starting on a vitamin B complex, 200% RDA.
Not ready yet to increase the Imuran dosage...not until the nausea is better and I am not tossing cookies. But, the nurse practitioner thinks I may be able to monkey around with the dose in November after I build up a tolerance for the stuff. I am doing better on the Imuran...believe it or not! :)
The WBC (white blood cell count) has jumped from a whopping 2 to a big old 3. The lowest end of the normal range is 4.something. So my WBC has been very low...3 is actually an improvement, but it ain't great. I am wondering if it has bounced up to 3 because I have an ear infection?
Oh well, at least I no longer feel guilty about needing so much sleep.
When you are sick all the time...it is very hard to not feel guilty for pooping out so easily. I just keep pushing myself thinking that if I only try harder, surely this will pass.
But, it doesn't.
Missed a school board meeting tonight...it would have been my first.
I am still going to try to volunteer at Little Bear's scool tomorrow for their Book Fair.I would hate to miss that.
So back to resting.
Hopefully, my sense of humor will return after a good night's sleep.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((Loretta dear and the poor ear))))))))))))))  Oh I am so sorry and will be praying the vitamin B complex will be helpful for you!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you feel so bad....ear infections HURT.  I never swim in pools anymore because I always get swimmers ear.

Anonymous said...

Loretta, Well at least the WBC went up.  I hope the Vit B Complex works for you.  And I hope you start feeling better very soon.  My Dear Friend.........{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Loretta}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Love you bunches Lu

Anonymous said...

I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1998 after being told for years that nothing was physiologically wrong with me.  Reading your journal was like a page out of my own life.  Your entries make me feel less alone.  Thanks for making this journal public.

Anonymous said...

Hi nylady346!
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Comments like yours keep me writing.
    Are you aware that AOL offers a Lupus chatroom and Lupus Message Board?
Here are the links in case you are interested:

General Discussion

Lupus Support

I wish you the best of luck on your healing journey. You will be in my daily prayers.
:)