Sunday, October 24, 2004

LUPUS and ENDOMETREOSIS

     Researchers are beginning to find the connection between autoimmune diseases and endometreosis.


     Endometreosis is a disease in which the tissue which lines the uterus grows elsewhere in a woman's body. Endometrial tissue is designed to grow and thicken in response to the hormones during a woman's monthly cycle. This tissue lines the uterus and swells each month to prepare for a possible pregnancy. The tissue nourishes a newly fertilized egg.


      Endometrial tissue outside of the uterus is painfully bad news. It attaches to the wrong body parts, swells up and constricts whatever it has attached itself to.


     Here is an interesting link (as well as an excellent lupus resource) The Lupus Site (UK):


"Women with endometriosis — a leading cause of infertility in which tissue from the womb lining grows elsewhere in the body — are much more likely to suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and allergies, new research has found. "


Read more about this here    Lupus news


Endometreosis Resources ;Endometriosis Awareness & Information







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loretta dear, very informative and interesting entry!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I admire your courage...your journal is warm and informative.  Please, keep sharing.  ~Tiff

Anonymous said...

Hey Loretta~

I was DX'd with endo three years ago and the GYN who did my surgery said something about how I would be more prone to developing endo then a woman who doesn't have lupus, etc. It's interesting to see more about this topic. Thanks for the links.

Love and hugs,
Susan

Anonymous said...

This research is so true to my life.  I have been diagnosed with endometreosis, multiple autoimmune diseases including lupus, fibromyalgia, and suffer from chronic fatigue.  Along with many other diagnosis. I wish there was a way for me to contact some of these doctors doing this research, I might be able to help considering all of the health problems I suffer from.  And none of this is genetic. No one in my family suffers from these ailments.  I am considered the black sheep of the family. Thanks for the info.  All the knowledge that we gather helps.  Maybe one day we can find a better way to treat and possibly cure these conditions.
C Henley of TN - lover6266@aol.com