Monday, February 27, 2012

Growing Out of the Darkness

The lotus flower grows deeply in the ooze at the bottom of murky ponds. The plant is hidden far from the pure light of the sun...


 hidden in the gloomy depths...


yet, the lotus is destined to grow and bloom.


When the time is right, the lotus blossom emerges through the mud of the pond remaining untouched and pure from the sludge from where it grew.


In many cultures, the lotus bloom is the symbol of perfection and rebirth.


Are you trying to grow out of the darkness?


What soil has your life been planted into?


There is hope. Like the lotus blossom, we are all capable of flowering out of the depths of suffering and becoming beautiful in spirit.


Ask yourself today:


What has this disease given me?


Someone asked me this very question while I was away on a healing retreat. She said, "What has lupus given you?" I was shocked at such a bold question. Yet, the timing was right.


Without lupus, I never would have returned to my passion of writing. Without lupus, I would never have had the opportunity to be home full-time with my child and husband. Without lupus, I never would have made so many wonderful supportive online friendships. The list goes on, but my point is...


In the depths of the darkness of your soul's journey, there is an opportunity for you to grow. And there will come a time when you will feel the light once again and let your beauty be seen.


This is what it means to bloom where you are planted.










NOTES:


In Buddhism, Hinduism, and in the ancient Egyptian culture the lotus is the symbol of purity and rebirth.
In Christianity we believe that rebirth is possible in the one lifetime we are given.











REFERENCES:


Ecclesiastes 3
The Symbolic Meaning of the Lotus Flower
Lotus Flower Meaning






No comments: